Thursday, August 20, 2009

Scary Times

Kizzy left the yard yesterday to chase something up the hill. Amy called her but she didn't come back. Amy then yelled for me to come out and help. I didn't know where she was, so all I could do was call for her. As I called and waited (getting a bit worried) I finally saw her come running back from around the building next door. You can only imagine my joy and relief.

I believe that is a bit like God who calls us to him and is overjoyed when we respond! Think of the parables of the Lost Sheep, Lost Coin and Lost Son. All these relate the joy in something that was lost being found.

God loves you and wants you to come running to Him (just as Kizzy came running to me) when He calls. If you haven't responded to His call, don't you think it is time to drop everything and come running? I do!

No comments: