Friday, October 16, 2009

Snow

Wow, yesterday it snowed all day. The good news is that the ground was warm enough that it didn't stick. Kizzy and Calvin really didn't like the white stuff falling from the sky, so yesterday was very interesting. They are going to have to learn to get used to it, because I am fairly sure that there will be much more snow before spring arrives.

It is a lot like us. There are things that we have to deal with "for a season" that we can't avoid. Whether it is an illness, a loss of a job, or something else, there will be things that we can't avoid. How we deal with them says a lot about us and our relationship with God. Do we cry and moan, or do we praise God in the tough times? Mercy Me has a song that talks about this:
I can count a million times
People asking me how I
Can praise You with all that
I've gone through
The question just amazes me
Can circumstances possibly
Change who I forever am in You

Maybe since my life was changed
Long before these rainy days
It's never really ever crossed my mind
To turn my back on you, oh Lord
My only shelter from the storm
But instead I draw closer through these times
So I pray

Bring me joy, bring me peace
Bring the chance to be free
Bring me anything that brings
You glory And I know there'll
be days When this life brings me pain
But if that's what it takes to
praise You Jesus, bring the rain

I am yours regardless of the clouds that may
loom above because you are much greater than
my pain you who made a way for me suffering
your destiny so tell me whats a little rain

So, if you are dealing with pain, disappointment or frustration, remember who is in control and praise God and bring on the rain!

No comments: