Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Ouch

I was less than graceful last night and fell, scraping my hands, knees and badly spraining my right ankle. Today, I am unable to get around very well. I am very limited in my activities and it has gotten me to thinking more about those people that have limited mobility. I chose not to eat last night (not like missing a meal will kill me!) because I simply didn't want to endure the pain that would be involved in standing long enough to fix a meal.

How many seniors or others miss one or meals a day simply because it is either too hard or too painful to fix the meal? I really don't know the answer to that question, but I know that I am motivated to find out those in our community that need this help and to get them that help. No one should go hungry because they simply can't fix a meal.

Pray for those in YOUR community that are having similar problems and then DO SOMETHING to help them!

1 comment:

Rosella said...

Unfortunately I am still able to fix food. No matter what.