Thursday, February 23, 2012

Lenten Lessons--Day 2

First of all, let me apologize that I have been neglectful of this blog. As part of my Lenten Discipline, I am going to do my best to keep up with the blogs with an emphasis on looking at a Scripture or two each day. Secondly, I am sorry that I am starting with day 2!

Scriptures to look at:Deuteronomy 30:15-20; Luke 9:22-25

These two Scriptures have one thing in common--making a decision. Everyday we face many decisions, from the mundane (what will I wear? what will I eat?) to the major (should I change careers? who should I marry?) The choices we make define us. Realizing these decisions define us, how should we choose? Are we going to choose the way that seems right to man or the way that seems right to God?

As for me, I'll take my cue from Joshua. "As for me and my family, we will serve the Lord!"

1 comment:

Rosella said...

Glad to have you back. Now I will just have to put my Bible closer to the computer so I can read the scripture first.