Monday, March 30, 2009

New Habits

It is amazing how many new habits I have developed in the few days that I have had Kizzy. I now exercise several times a day (because Kizzy needs to walk for her exercise). I now make sure all the dishes are in the dishwasher (not the sink!) and the counter is cleaned off. These are things that most people do anyway, but I always found an excuse (I'm too busy, I'll do it later) and now these excuses have to go away.

I now keep the floor clean of clutter (no more setting the newspaper on the floor to be thrown away the next time I head to the trash can). I am not sure who is being trained more, me or Kizzy!

None-the-less, the early morning and late evening walks are becoming something that both of us look forward to having. It is also nice to have a bit of company (though sometimes she wants to be more company that I am used to having).

The bottom line is this, Kizzy is making me a better person. If that is true of a dog, don't you think that it is important that as Christian our presence makes people better? Who we are and how we act must make a difference in those we come into contact, or we aren't being what we should be! Let us all learn a lesson from my interaction with Kizzy--brighten the little piece of the world where you are and make it a better place!