Thursday, May 14, 2009

Bearing Your Cross

I am paying today for my work yesterday. One of the Members of the congregation and I are making a 14 foot cross out of ironwood to put outside of the church. It is heavy, and awkward to work with. After we got the pieces prepared, I started sanding the cross before the final assembly. Unfortunately for me, the skids I had under the pieces were a little to short for me to work comfortably and today my back is hurting! When the job is completed, the pain will be worth it.

Jesus tells us to take up our cross and follow Him. It may be heavy and it may cause you some pain at times, but in the end it will be worth it! What are you doing for Jesus today that takes some effort? Isn't working for Jesus worth a little discomfort?

We have grown complacent in our service. We want all the blessings without any of the work. The world is full of people who need Jesus and we are satisfied to sit back and let someone else to the work! It is time for us to use our minds and muscles for Jesus! Remember, we are Jesus hands and feet. It is up to each of us to our part if we expect to see change happen.

So...what are you going to do TODAY for Jesus?

No comments: