Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Sharing (or not sharing!)

Today I decided to buy the dogs a treat, so I bought them each a soup bone (with the marrow). I large one for Sig and a smaller one for Kizzy. For a while everything was dandy. Each dog took his/her bone away and began to contentedly gnaw on it. After about 20 minutes or so, Kizzy had the marrow gone and was tired of the bone. Sig worked on his for 45 minutes (and then took the next 15 minutes to "hide" it.)

Then the trouble started. Kizzy (who was tired of bones) decided that if Sig was done with his, she should try it out. So, into Sig's crate and out with the bone! I saw what she was doing and took it away and put it back in the crate. Sig then decided that his bone was not safe, so he took it and "buried" it in front of the couch. Kizzy saw it and went for it. Sig saw her and went to stop her when Kizzy growled and sent Sig running! Again, I told Kizzy, that this was Sig's bone and put it back in his crate.

Later on, I was talking to Rachel on the phone when I heard Sig crunching on a bone. I looked and yep, it was Kizzy's! If fact, Sig had "hidden" his bone in Kizzy's crate when he decided to take hers!

Isn't that a lot like people? They never seem to be content with what they have...someone elses looks better. It doesn't matter if it is a car, a house, or a job. We tend not to be content. We need to remember what Paul told us in Phillipians 4:11-12,
"I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want."
So, with the economy in a slide, isn't it about time to be content with what we have? I think so!

1 comment:

Rosella said...

You just can't stand to let sleeping dogs lie, can you? Just like a preacher to stir up a congregation, just when they are comfortable and satisfied!! You just have to throw in another challenge. I guess that is what they pay you to do.