Wednesday, April 1, 2009

April Fool's Day

Well, be careful today as there will be people trying to "get" you for April Fools Day. I know, because I used to be one of those people! I am doing my best not to do that anymore. What some people think is fun, can be hurtful to others and so, I promise to do my best not to be one of "those" people.

Thinking of fools, the Bible tells us that the fool says there is no God. Guess what? With that definition, we have a lot of fools out there. Just because I have never been to Egypt doesn't mean there is no Sphinx. Just because I have never seen an atom doesn't mean that are no such things as atoms. I have never seen God with my eyes, but I have seen what God has done in my life and in the lives of others. God is at work today through His Word and His people.

I've heard a joke that today is the atheist's holiday, but rather than be mean, I think it is time to love those who do not know God in order to reach them for God. That means loving the people that I would normally not be associated with. Until we learn to love those who are the most unlovable, we will never be able to accomplish the things that the Lord has intended us to accomplish.

Be on the lookout today for those who would try and trick you, but more importantly, be on the lookout for an opportunity to love the unlovely, to help the helpless, and to serve God in doing so!

No comments: