Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Anniversaries

Well, today marks my first anniversary as Pastor of the First Presbyterian Church of Stillwater. It has been an eventful year. Growth is happening (slowly) and more important than the actual number of people coming is that there has been growth in spiritual maturity! We continue to "get to know" each other and love each other. Not that there hasn't been a few "bumps" in the road, but that is to be expected. I look forward to a long and prosperous time here in Stillwater (with God's help!)

Tomorrow is another anniversary. Tomorrow marks 13 years since my beloved Amy and I shared our vows and began our walk together as man and wife. These have been the happiest 13 years of my life. Many changes have happened in this 13 years. We have left Oklahoma (Amy's home for most of her life), the kids have graduated from high school (and 2 of them from college with the third now a senior), Amy has gotten her Associate's Degree, her Bachelor's Degree and is now in Seminary, I graduated from Seminary, my youngest son has graduated from high school and gotten his Associate's Degree, I have graduated from Seminary and gone back to my first calling as a full time Pastor. And we now have 2 dogs! Wow! All that in 13 years! I look forward to the next 13 years and the rest of our lives together!

Anniversaries are times for celebration. but in reality, EVERY day is a day to celebrate what God has so richly blessed us with. Take time TODAY to tell the people you love that you love them and to do something special for them. Remember, they are a gift from God for YOU.

May God call to remembrance today those in your life that mean so much to you and may you let them know you love them!

2 comments:

Rosella said...

This is to let you know that I love YOU. I have been blessed to have shared the past 13 years of our lives as your mother in law. You are special to me and a true blessing to the church. Have a great celebration this week and tell Amy I love her, too. Mom

Amy Florence said...

I love you both!