Monday, July 6, 2009

Vacation Plans

Well, after this week, I have a couple of weeks of vacation and we still aren't sure where we are going or what we will be doing. I'd like to say that we are doing this in response to the book of James and realizing that our life is just a vapor and we shouldn't worry about tomorrow, but that wouldn't be true! We originally planned a trip up into Canada, but I don't have a passport yet, so that has been scrapped.

For so many years, our "vacations" were simply time to visit family or "tied" in to business trips. This year we have plenty of freedom (if not plenty of money!) but we are not sure what we will do. One thing is sure, we will find a place to relax. Amy needs and deserves it (and I think I can use it too!)

So, while I work on a sermon this week and the various other responsibilities that go along with ministry, I will be praying for the Holy Spirit to give me a little insight on where we are going on vacation! Yes, I believe that God cares about my vacation and is willing to help me figure it out. However, if the Lord is prompting you to give me a little help, don't quench the Spirit! Fill me in!

No comments: