Sunday, November 30, 2008

Disappointment

I arrived at the church this morning a little before 6 AM to work on the soup that will be served after church and before we decorate the sanctuary for advent. it was cold (and dark!) After I spent about an hour working on the soup, I looked out the window and saw snow. No problem, it was just a few flakes. Then I checked the weather report--winter advisory warnings. I was hoping to spend a few more hours with Amy and Rachel, but now it is best for them to start packing and get on the road while it is still somewhat safe for them to do so.

I am disappointed. I enjoyed the time we had together, but I was expecting to get a little more time before they had to leave. I guess that is how we all feel at times. We expect to have plenty of time for our loved ones, but life interrupts. It can be the weather or illness or something else, nonetheless, the time we expected to have is cut short.

I have always tried to make the most of the time we have together, but this is another reminder that we are never truly sure just how much time we have, so make the most of the time you have.

This is true for all of us. We never know how much time we have for family, friends, and God. Let us all do our best to make the most of the time we have, then when time runs out, we will know that we spent our time wiesly!

1 comment:

Amy Florence said...

It turns out it was good we left when we did. We encountered one pile up of cars on I-80 but it was going in the other direction. It looks like a few cars lost control on a bridge (yikes!) and then cars behind them couldn't stop fast enough so we saw a few more fender benders. About half way home the snow turned to rain so thankfully we didn't have any problems. I just am upset that we didn't get to go to church or the activities afterward.