Thursday, November 6, 2008

Family Matters

Today I get to head down to Princeton and be with my family for a couple of days! While we know that what we are doing is the right thing, it is still hard. It has been almost three weeks since I got the chance to hold Amy. When I get really busy, I can forget about missing her, so I do keep busy. Unfortunately, too many Christians have decided to become so busy that they don't miss God in their lives.

We have more time-saving devices today than ever before, but we always seem to be decrying the fact that we don't have any time for the things we want to do. I am guilty of that myself. I do work a lot of hours, but I also waste too many hours. I watch TV, not because I really care about what is on, but because it is there. I am working on that. I go to the office early so I can spend time alone with God. I tape programs so I can watch them is less time (and set aside a time to watch them while I am doing laundry or waiting for a meal to finish).

What I am trying to say is this. I love Amy and I want to spend time with her and now that I can't do that as often as I would like--it hurts. How do you think Jesus feels when we are too busy with insignificant things to spend time with him? We all want to spend time with people we love. Jesus loves us--you do the math!

2 comments:

Amy Florence said...

I feel the love...and I miss you very much too.

Rosella said...

I fully understand how that feels. But it makes the time together that much more precious and appreciated. It makes you both stronger people and more interesting people. It can be good for a marriage. But together is best. And I feel sad for Jesus missing all those people who don't know he misses them. We should tell them.